A Shiatsu massage is an alternative technique of massage which involves adding manual pressure to certain points in the body to relieve pain and muscle tension. The word ‘Shiatsu’ basically means finger pressure and uses the fingers, thumbs, knees and elbows to concentrate pressure on specific parts of the body. The following are some of the things you need to know before you go into 8 Foot Spa for a Shiatsu massage near Deerfield Beach 33442, 33443.
- A Shiatsu massage is used for the relief of aches and pains, including back and shoulder pain, PMS, arthritis, and a variety of other ailments. It is also used in injury recovery as well.
- The pressure that is applied in a Shiatsu massage is more localized as compared to other forms of massage. That’s because the Shiatsu massage technique uses the fingers more than the palms of the hands.
- While getting a Shiatsu massage certain points are triggered called ‘trigger points’ that help alleviate pains in the muscle and joints.
- The pain that one gets while having a Shiatsu massage is one way to know if the massage is effective and working on the body. That being said, it is advised to let your massage therapist know if you start to feel uncomfortable, so that they are able to adjust the pressure.
- According to the Japanese tradition a Shiatsu massage helps improve one’s energy or “qi”.
- According to experts the localized pressure that is used during a Shiatsu massage improves blood circulation, while calms the nervous system and relieves stress.
- A Shiatsu massage differs from other types of massages since there is no massage oil used. This means that there is no need to take off your clothes to get the massage.
- The table that is used for a Shiatsu massage also differs from traditional massage tables since it is lowered or just above floor level.
Call (754) 212-5680 and book now, or if you prefer come into the 8 Foot Spa Deerfield Beach 33442, 33443 to make your appointment usually we can accommodate walk-ins.